I purchased some 25mm tube from Ebay and made some end caps out of aluminium, I didn't really have any design in mind I just started to do it and went with the flow.
|The screw on end|
When assembled it looked like this ....
nice but a bit too shiny for me and although it made the rifle a bit quieter I think it needed to be a little bit longer so I then made one 6 inches long but this time I used Black Delrin for the end caps.
I have to say I like turning the Delrin it's so much easier to machine.
This time I made the front cap a push fit into the tube without any extending past the end of the tube, I thought this looked a bit cleaner.
This longer one once definitely quieter than the 4 inch one.
|6 inch version using Black Delrin|
I think I'll try a 30mm tube next to see if that makes it even quieter.