As is normal, for me at least, there were a couple of things that didn't quite fit, the top of the middle upright clashed with the gear for the cross slide travel so I removed 10mm from the top and then the front edge clashed with the back of the half nuts so I made it 5mm thinner.
|Original design with material removed|
It was apparent that I wouldn't be able to put a securing bolt through the front of the bracket as there was just no clearance from the leadscrew so I drilled and tapped from the rear, you need to put the spanner through the gap in the bed but it works fine and will be less fiddly to tighten once I shorten the bolt.
|Access through the bed to tighten the bolt|
So, once I got it fitted to the lathe and tightened up it was time to see if it actually worked.
Success, it needs a bit more work and tidying up, I want to shape the lever and line it up a bit better and add a long M6 bolt in the hole in the bracket to give me some fine adjustment.
I'm also thinking about adding a spring and a latch mechanism which will fully disengage the lever when it's tripped as it currently stops the auto feed but doesn't fully reset the lever position.
I hope to test it out later with a thread I want to cut, if everything works out I will have succeeded in adding auto feed stop to the lathe with minimal modifications to the lathe itself.
If anyone wants the 3D model I can make it public on tinkercad.com, just ask in the comments.